Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Remembrance of a Lawman

Rooftops and graffitti, all the lads in the bar
The whiskey on the rocks with a cuban cigar
Hooters and shooters and men behind the bars
Oh a fair lady made my empire

Dope,smoke and unlawful antics
Hippies, junkies and the healthy mob
Handcuffed and barred for the common man's cause

Those were the days
It's as real as it gets
Reminds me of the burning desire
Uniforms, guns and justice shall be served
Oh the law was my favourite attire

Enforcing order from dusk till dawn
Children on the streets the mothers all calm
Peacefully happy when I was around

Tonight I look back, the guns on my wall
Many are still here and there, but I've been long gone
Wish I was there still to make order stand tall
I'm jealous of the uniform clad lawmen
Old in age but in spirit I reign

No comments: