Friday, June 5, 2009

End of an era

Era: a period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point
or event.

Nope, I guess the title doesn't match the content again. Oh well, what's in a
name !!

There are often some times in your life, when you find everything around you
very dull and boring. You've got a hell of a lot of work to do but you still
find yourself wanting of that little thrill or excitement, something to
look forward to each day or for some people, each weekend. Till about a week
back, I used to look forward to each Saturday and the guitar class at 3.30pm
but since this Wednesday, something's changed. Well, the reason is pretty
simple, my companion to the class left Delhi and now somehow I don't quite
look forward to the journey to and from Noida, suddenly, it's all become, just
a guitar class, maybe I'll go next week or the week after, it's not like
anybody but me gives a buck about it.
I guess it's all the boredom and irritation, that the constant banter that
goes on at the house, or the fixed routine of never doing anything I am
supposed to that has led me to this point, where this small change seems to be
the end of an era. I took two days to think on this, and I came up with this.
Yes, it is the end of an era. I mean, who knows where I might be in a year. I
might be stuck in my college looking for a job like all of the others in the rat
race, or I might have somehow made enough money and time to finally go
on a trip to Greece(not that I need the money), or maybe I might have decided
to study. Sounds highly unlikely, I know, but who knows what the future may
come. I mean, yes, it's just a god damn year, but does that mean that we'll be
playing poker the same way we used to ? Will there still be a bottle of Black
Label to hide ? Or best, will the person that had the most time, have even a
little time to spend on these things. Time will tell, of course, that's what we
all live on don't we, let's just let time decide and tell us how things are
gonna be.

Haha...I guess I was right then, there is a lot to look forward to. We all do want
unpredictability in our lives don't we, I know I would love some, and I guess you my
friend would also love to have something to look forward to. The end might be bad or
worse but we won't know until we're there would we now..that's it, going to guitar
class tomorrow morning,learning something new and looking forward to the end of this
year for a start of a new era, I'm good with that.

No comments: